The Sustainable Development Goals Fund at the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is pleased to invite you to participate in an online event on fostering Business and United Nations engagement. This interactive discussion will take place on Thursday, 25 February 2016, from 10.30 am to 11.30 am EST. on the Business Fights Poverty website (http://snipbfp.org/1SeBMPr).
As people from around the world begin to focus on how to implement the Sustainable Development Goals adopted by the United Nations–the new ambitious vision for ending poverty and protecting our planet– they are exploring new ways of engaging and partnering with each other to achieve greater scale and systemic impact. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development sets out the SDGs and envisions a “revitalized global partnership for sustainable development”. With this in mind, how can various stakeholders collaborate and ensure their priorities are aligned? What would this new engagement look like? To build upon these questions, the SDG-Fund is hosting an interactive dialogue that will bring together representatives from business, the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals Fund (SDG-F), theCSR Initiative at Harvard Kennedy School and Business Fights Poverty to explore the following questions. The general audience will also be encouraged to post their comments at any time:
- What is the business and development case for increased UN-business engagement?
- How can business most effectively engage in the SDGs, and how can the UN most effectively engage with business?
- What should the priorities for action be in 2016 to strengthen UN-business partnerships?
How to participate:
- Click here to go to the Discussion Forum: http://snipbfp.org/1SeBMPr
- To post comments you will need to sign in/ sign upto Business Fights Poverty: If you are not already a member of Business Fights Poverty, you will need to sign up here:http://snipbfp.org/BFPSignUp. If are a member already, you can sign in here:http://snipbfp.org/BFPSignIn. A list of recent comments is shown in the right-hand side bar and will refresh every 5 minutes. To refresh more often, please click on the refresh icon in your browser.
Add Comments: This discussion is fully based on written comments in the forum.
- Reply to existing comments (you will see some may be directed to you specifically) by clicking on the “Reply” link immediately underneath the comment.
- Add a new comment by clicking on the “Reply to This” link immediately underneath the discussion text at the top of the page, and adding text into the comment box.